Yes, it really is that nice here on Cape Cod in September . It has been hot and sunny for quite a few days now and it is great. Just because October is around the corner this does not mean that summer has ended. We can have some sunny warn days up through October. Sport fishing aboard the Ginny G is a fall hit, get together a group of 6 friends and climb aboard the Ginny G for some great fishing. We have been catching a lot of Bluefish and the fishing couldn’t be better for this time of year. Below is a great Bluefish recipe to use after you catch your fish are are ready to cook them up for dinner.
- 2 1/2 pounds bluefish fillet(s)
- 1 (8 ounce) container herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 4 sprigs fresh dill weed
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Trim all of the dark meat from the fillets. Rinse in cold water, dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine stuffing mix with boiling water and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Cover a baking sheet with a lightly greased double thickness of aluminum foil. Spread stuffing mixture on top of foil. Place fillets on top of stuffing. Brush fillets with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with minced onions. Top with dill springs and crimp together edges of tin foil to seal.
- Bake on center self of preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake for an additional 60 minutes.