- 2 1/2 pounds bluefish fillet(s)
- 1 (8 ounce) container herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 4 sprigs fresh dill weed
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Trim all of the dark meat from the fillets. Rinse in cold water, dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine stuffing mix with boiling water and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Cover a baking sheet with a lightly greased double thickness of aluminum foil. Spread stuffing mixture on top of foil. Place fillets on top of stuffing. Brush fillets with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with minced onions. Top with dill springs and crimp together edges of tin foil to seal.
- Bake on center self of preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake for an additional 60 minutes.