We post fish recipes throughout the year and this one sounds really yummy!This striped bass recipe is the perfect compliment to your next sport fishing trip aboard the Ginny G.
Let us know if you try it, we would love to know how it tastes in person.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) striped bass fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Add fillets to pan, skin side up; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn fillets over; sauté 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add capers to pan; cook 15 seconds, stirring frequently. Add clam juice and lemon juice; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove pan from heat. Add butter; stir with a whisk until butter melts. Stir in parsley. Serve sauce with fish.