Spring is finally here on Cape Cod and we cannot be more excited. Very soon the Ginny G will be in the water, with fishing poles in the water, ready to catch some big fish! Thinking about the upcoming fishing season has us thinking about all of the great recipes for Striper. We catch a lot of Stripers on our boat and below we have a very yummy recipe you can try after you have caught your fish and are back home ready to enjoy it. All fish caught on the Ginny G is fileted and ready to cook.
From Martha Stewart.com
Grilled Striped Bass
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Few sprigs thyme or oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 fillets striped bass, skin on (about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt
- Fresh chives, cut into 3/4-inch lengths, for garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Combine oil, lemon juice, thyme or oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large shallow bowl. Add fish to marinade, and turn to coat; cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove fish from marinade, letting excess drip off. Place on grill, skin side down, and season with salt. Grill until skin is lightly browned and starting to crisp. Carefully turn fillets, and cook until well browned and cooked through (center will be opaque), 5 to 6 minutes. Garnish with chives and lemon wedges, if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.